History of the British Army Golfclub Sennelager

1947

After the 2nd World War, golf enthusiastic soldiers built a provisional "Pitch & Putt" course.

1963

Formation of the (BA) Golf Club and the construction of a 9-hole course under the direction of Bill Rees, the first Club Captain. All construction of the club was done by members and was funded out of their own pockets.

1964

The first Clubhouse is built by members of the Range Control, which was constructed from wood.

1967

The "Corp of Royal Engineers" start cutting routes into the forest to clear fairways for the next 9 holes. Thus, the club now had a very special 18 holes, 9 of them in the open Senne and 9 holes in the forest.

1968

General Sir John Mogg becomes the first president of the club.

The 18 hole course was officially opened by Max Faulkener, winner of the 1951 Open Championships and member of the "Great Britain Ryder Cup Team".

At that time the highest allowed HCP was -24,0.

1969

The present clubhouse is constructed. Built with the co-operation of members and military.

1977

Due to the expansion of the B1 road, the club looses 4 holes in the open. To get it back to 18 holes, those 4 holes are rebuilt in the woods, now the Forest Pines Course. Thus, at that time, there were 13 holes in the forest and five in the open.

1978

Due to an increasing membership, the first official full-time employee is hired. The club finds its first Club Manager in Tony Bairstow.

1979

The Paderborn Garrison built new locker rooms at the Senne sports field for FC Paderborn United & Paderborn Pirates.

1981

First military golf instructor Anthony Brooks begins teaching beginner and advanced courses.

1988

The Corp of Royal Engineers begin clearing five more holes in the forest to create what is now the 18-hole Forest Pines Course. At the same time, five more holes are added to the remaining holes outdoors to make what is now the 9-hole Old Course. A Pro Tournament was held at the time to celebrate the opening and the club's 25th anniversary.

2003

Locker rooms and shower rooms are to be built next to the Pro Shop.

2009

Change of name to the present British Army Golf Club (Sennelager). The precursor of the B.A. GC Bad Lippspringe e.V. is founded and becomes a member of the German Golf Association. Thus, all members, civilian and military, could now play handicap relevant golf. Now the club could also enter teams for the German Golf Leagues and play official tournaments.

2013

The club celebrates its 50th anniversary by hosting a tournament week with former members and club captains. The anniversary week was concluded with a large Gala evening with traditional performances and live music.